- Snowflake to Savings at least $250
- Snowflake to Wedding fund at least $100
- Write newsletter to include in Holiday cards
- Mail Holiday cards
- Finish reading the “Casual Vacancy”
Posted by beachgirl on 12/08/2013
Posted by beachgirl on 12/06/2013
- Snowflake to Savings at least $30 – FAIL! I was pretty close though.
- Snowflake to Wedding fund at least $100 – SUCCESS!! We were at $157.90 for the month.
- Print, assemble, & mail our Save the Dates – SUCCESS!! D & I finished them on 11/24. Almost all have been mailed or hand-delivered. The rest will be hand-delivered soon.
- Get hair cut - SUCCESS!! I did it on 11/3.
Posted by beachgirl on 12/04/2013
Regular Savings — Total: $23.09
- $20.00 Gift
- $3.09 Interest earned
Savings for Wedding — Total: $157.90
- $70.00 Monthly savings
- $10.00 MySurveys.com earnings
- $3.00 Pinecone earnings
- $19.02 Gift
- $52.53 left over from groceries
- $3.35 Interest earned
Posted by beachgirl on 12/02/2013
My Net Worth increased this month by $2,029.99. My 401(k) increase was $2,047. Always great to see that go up so much. For more about my net worth, click here.
Posted by beachgirl on 11/30/2013
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. D and I traveled to my mom’s house on Wednesday and leave tomorrow to go back home. I hadn’t been here since January, so it has been great being back home. Since we’ll be spending Christmas with D’s family, we had our Christmas here on Wednesday night. We also saw my aunts and uncles yesterday for lunch. It’s always great to spend time with family.
Posted by beachgirl on 11/26/2013
Our Save the Dates are finished and some are already hand-delivered or in the mail. The rest will be hand-delivered over the next week or so or put in the mail tomorrow. The ones that we’ve already hand-delivered were people we normally would’ve had to mail the Save the Date to, but they came to visit us so we took advantage of not having to mail them. The rest that will be hand-delivered are to some of my family, our friends here in Asheville, and a friend we’ll be seeing tomorrow. The ones that we’ve mailed already are those that are going internationally (2 to Canada, 1 to Germany, and 1 to Guam, plus one to an APO address in South Korea), and one to D’s mom so that she wouldn’t be one of the last to receive hers.
Here’s the breakdown on cost:
- Ivory card stock: $.07 per Save the Date
- Brown card stock: $.07 per Save the Date
- Envelopes: $.10 per Save the Date
- Leaf Stamp & Ink: $.11 per Save the Date
- Squares to stick paper together: $.03 per Save the Date
Total: $.38 per Save the Date (without cost of postage)
With postage included, the breakdown is:
- International (4): $.38 + $1.10 = $1.48 each
- USA & APO: (74): $.38 + $.46 = $.84 each
- Hand-delivered (12): $.38 each
Total for all Save the Dates: $72.64*
(*We have one person who we plan to invite but hasn’t responded to our request for his address. If we get his address and mail the Save the Date to him, our total cost will go up $.84, for a total of $73.48.)
Overall, I’m really happy with the amount we spent on the Save the Dates and they came out really cute. Here’s a picture of one (sorry for the blurring out of our info):
Posted by beachgirl on 11/17/2013
The Save the Dates are coming along. D is working on cutting them to the correct sizes. He has most of the ivory pages done and a few of the brown pages done. Once they’re done, I’ll assemble them. We have all the addresses for those we’re inviting except one person. We’re still going to mail them out around Thanksgiving whether we have that last address or not. We’ll mail that one out whenever we get the address. I’m really excited to get those out.
Posted by beachgirl on 11/11/2013
On Thursday, the attorney who I worked with last summer and was my mentor passed away. She’d been on bed rest for a little over a month due to exhaustion. But we all expected her to eventually come back to work. On Wednesday night/Thursday morning, she fell due to weakness and hit her head, causing a hematoma. Later at the hospital, she had a heart attack and passed away.
I’m going to miss her horribly. She was an amazing person and I learned so much from her.
Posted by beachgirl on 11/08/2013
- Snowflake to Savings at least $30
- Snowflake to Wedding fund at least $100
- Print, assemble, & mail our Save the Dates
- Get hair cut
Posted by beachgirl on 11/06/2013
- Snowflake to Savings at least $50 – FAIL!! I only saved $4.69.
- Snowflake to Wedding fund at least $65 — SUCCESS!! I saved $120.66 towards the wedding.
- Attend tasting for wedding — SUCCESS!!
- Start designing “Save the Dates” — SUCCESS!!